Khadijah bint Khuwailid is the first ever Mother of the Believers (Ummahatul Mu’mininin). Described by Rasulullah s.a.w. as the best woman during her lifetime and a promised palace in paradise, the Prophet s.a.w highlighted her traits: “She believed in me when none else did. She embraced Islam and believed in my message when people rejected me, and she helped me with her wealth and comforted me when there was no one to lend me a helping hand. And she bore me children when no one else did”.
Join us in this retreat to learn more about the outstanding noble traits of Khadijah r.a. Dive into her personal and married life to examine her struggles and contributions in uplifting her family and society. Take this chance to emulate the woman who is deeply cherished and loved by Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. even long after her demise.
Open to all, young and old, male or female! 🙂
Speaker 1: Ustadzah Shameem Sultanah – “Outstanding Noble Traits”
· Brief introduction of Khadijah r.a.: her personal character, family background and career.
· Her marriage with the Prophet s.a.w.: a source of love, comfort and encouragement.
· The perfect mother for her children and her resilience in losing her sons in their childhood.
· Lessons from the Prophet’s s.a.w. first revelation, their responses and action.
· Her piety towards Allah s.w.t, always giving and preparing for her akhirah.
Speaker 2: Ustadzah Raihanah Halid – “Uplifting Family and Society”
· Woman in the workforce: career and ethics
· What can we learn from her ability to adapt with the major life changes and continuous challenges that happened after the Prophet s.a.w. received revelation?
· In the time of patriarchal society, she was able to become a very successful business woman, not only benefitting herself, but the society largely by hiring others including the Prophet s.a.w. before their marriage to bid and compete in the market on her behalf and reward them with a share of the profit. What can we emulate from her progressive and contributive qualities in relevance to today’s context?
All proceeds from the event will be channelled to Wakaf Ilmu