Murabbi: Ustaz Mohammed Nazim Rahuma Dulla
Dates: 9 & 16 May 2020 *This module is conducted in 2 parts*
Al-Quran and As-Sunnah are the two everlasting legacies left by Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. in providing the eternal guidance to humanity. Through the study of the Al-Quran, students will be introduced on ways to appreciate the specialty of Al-Quran – the sacred words of Allah that are well preserved today and acknowledge the importance of As-Sunnah as the foundation of Islamic knowledge.
This module will cover the special position of Al-Quran as the enduring miracle of our beloved Rasulullah s.a.w and bring attention to understand critical understanding of the historical phases of the Quranic revelation and its compilation. Through the study of his As-Sunnah, students will be introduced to important terminologies in the categorization of Hadith literatures and study the various historical phases in the process of Hadith compilations.
In this course, students will be expected to self-reflect their relations with Al-Quran and As-Sunnah and aimed to familiarize them with these two living sources in enabling them to appreciate the importance of the foundational sources of Islam.
This module aims to achieve the following learning objectives:
- To introduce students to the basic references of Islam
- To enable students to appreciate the contents, teachings and importance of the Quran &the Sunnah
- To highlight the comprehensive and holistic nature of Islamic religious texts
- To inspire continuing search for knowledge of the Quran & the Sunnah
Module 2: Understanding the Sunnah
- The Role and Status of Al-Sunnah in Islamic jurisprudence
- Understanding Categorization of Hadiths and Its Terminologies
- Hadith Compilation In History
- Interaction with Al- Sunnah